Saw this on Knit Purl Gurl and thought it was very funny and so true!
10) Yarn doesn't nod and ask you how you feel about that.
9) You don't have to work through your issues... you can just poke things with pointy sticks.
8) You can get more than one hour of yarn therapy for that $350.
7) You don't blame your mother for all of your knitting mistakes.
6) It is perfectly acceptable to conduct your yarn therapy at Starbucks.... psychotherapy, not so much.
5) The only shock therapy you endure is with wool, metal needles and a fast hand.
4) The only chemicals you put in your body are tea, coffee, martinis, or chocolate.... and you can take them DURING therapy.
3) Your insurance premiums won't increase.
2) You can yarn therapy on vacation; in your jammies; in bed; on the train/bus/subway; in the park; or at work (secretly).
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON KNITTING IS BETTER THAN THERAPY IS.....
1) You can't fondle your therapist.