Saturation and Seeding

I am behind with my blog writing already so here is our blog for Thursday 03 August...
The crystal growing experiment has commenced. James and I started dissolving the alum crytsal in half a cup of hot tap water to create some seed crystals. James added some food colouring but got slightly carried away. The depth of resulting colour made it difficult to observe the alum powder dissolving. We managed to overcome the problem by shining a light through the bottom of the jar. I am not sure our solution is fully saturated I guess we will know tomorrow by the presence of absence of seed crystals.

Early evening saw Thea and James embark on some art work. Empty cereal boxes were turned inside out to create picture frames with secret compartments, these were then decorated. Thea produced a piece of modern artwork to add to her frame, I rather like the colour combination, it wouldn't look out of place in the Tate Modern.

Modern Artwork

Comments

Popular Posts